The Girl Who Cried Monster
“The Girl Who Cried Monster” is the fourth episode of season one of the Goosebumps TV series. It premiered on November 11, 1995 on Fox during the Fox Kids block.
- Deborah Scorsone as Lucy Dark
- Eugene Lipinski as Mr. Mortman
- Christopher Tuah as Aaron
- Lynne Cormack as Mrs. Dark
- Dan Lett as Mr. Dark
- Brandon Bone as Randy Dark
Lucy loves telling monster stories, but her family and friends are tired of her wild tales. So when Lucy sees a real monster—Mr. Mortman, the local librarian—no one will believe her. If she can just get proof that he is a monster maybe then they’ll listen. But is it too late? Mom and dad have invited Mr. Mortman to dinner! This is sure to be one meal that’ll be hard to swallow.
You are watching: goosebumps the girl who cried monster
Differences from the book
- In the book, Mr. Mortman keeps pet turtles, but in the episode, he keeps pet spiders.
- The scene where Lucy goes to Aaron’s house and meets his brother is not depicted in the episode.
- The scene where Lucy and Aaron follow Mr. Mortman home is not depicted in the episode.
- There is an extra scene after Mortman is eaten, where Aaron appears with a monster mask and later takes it off when Mr. and Mrs. Dark had brought out their fangs, he asks what is for dessert. Mr. Dark then answers with, “spanglers.info Cherry Pie?” and the family laughs.
- In the book, Mr. Mortman mainly eats flies. However, in the episode, he eats crickets instead.
- In the book, Aaron sees Mr. Mortman turn into a monster and him telling Lucy’s parents is what convinces them that Lucy is telling the truth. In the episode, this does not happen and instead Lucy’s parents invite him to dinner after bumping into him at the photo place.
No. Cover Release date Pages 1 February 1996 57
Title Release date Media type
See more: Sutekh | Spanglers – General Blog News
September 16, 2008 DVD
August 26, 2014 DVD
- This episode, along with “The Cuckoo Clock of Doom”, on their original premieres, had a special opening theme in which there was a ten-second remix when R.L. Stine is walking through the grass with the briefcase. When the G passes the dog, that part of the music is played with a different instrument. There were also different scenes from the television show, when the door opened.
- Mr. Mortman’s actor, Eugene Lipinski, later voiced Rocky in “Night of the Living Dummy III”.
- The music Mr. Mortman hums is none other than the famous song A Little Night Music.
- While “The Cuckoo Clock of Doom” was the first proper episode to be aired, this was the first one produced. 
Goosebumps TV series Season 1 The Haunted Mask • The Cuckoo Clock of Doom • The Girl Who Cried Monster • Welcome to Camp Nightmare • Phantom of the Auditorium • Piano Lessons Can Be Murder • Return of the Mummy • Night of the Living Dummy II • Stay Out of the Basement • My Hairiest Adventure • It Came from Beneath the Sink • Say Cheese and Die • A Night in Terror Tower • The Werewolf of Fever Swamp Season 2 Be Careful What You Wish For… • Attack of the Mutant • Bad Hare Day • The Headless Ghost • Go Eat Worms • You Can’t Scare Me • Revenge of the Lawn Gnomes • Ghost Beach • Attack of the Jack-O’-Lanterns • The Haunted Mask II • Let’s Get Invisible • Scarecrow Walks at Midnight • Monster Blood • More Monster Blood • Vampire Breath • How to Kill a Monster • Calling All Creeps • Welcome to Dead House • Don’t Wake Mummy • The Blob That Ate Everyone • Night of the Living Dummy III Season 3 Shocker on Shock Street • My Best Friend Is Invisible • The House of No Return • Don’t Go To Sleep • Click • An Old Story • The Barking Ghost • One Day at HorrorLand • The Haunted House Game • Perfect School • Werewolf Skin • Awesome Ants • Bride of the Living Dummy • Strained Peas • Say Cheese and Die… Again • Chillogy • Teacher’s Pet Season 4 How I Got My Shrunken Head • The Ghost Next Door • Cry of the Cat • Deep Trouble