A Photo voltaic Eclipse is a Hardmode occasion that happens hardly ever after at the least one mechanical boss has been defeated. A Photo voltaic Eclipse has a 5*1/20 (5%) probability of occurring upon any specific daybreak. On the Desktop model, Console model, and Cell model, it is usually doable to summon a Photo voltaic Eclipse utilizing a Photo voltaic Pill (solely legitimately obtainable after defeating Plantera, however can sometimes be obtained previous to that).
Throughout a Photo voltaic Eclipse, distinctive and troublesome enemies spawn at very excessive charges, even close to NPCs. The occasion lasts for one complete day, from dawn to sundown, whatever the variety of enemies which have been killed. The moon is seen in entrance of the solar, inflicting the ambient mild degree to drop to below-nighttime ranges.
You are watching: how to make a solar eclipse happen in terraria
A Photo voltaic Eclipse is introduced originally of a day with the standing message “A photo voltaic eclipse is occurring!” The occasion solely impacts the floor layer, and may be prevented by shifting into the underground layer or under.
- There’s a 5% probability for a Photo voltaic Eclipse to happen every daybreak, even when one occurred the day prior to this. It’s doable for a number of Photo voltaic Eclipses to happen in a row. It’s also doable for a Blood Moon to comply with a Photo voltaic Eclipse, or vice-versa.
- It’s doable for boss fights or different occasions to happen similtaneously a Photo voltaic Eclipse, resembling a Goblin Invasion or a Pirate Invasion. Previous to 220.127.116.11, these occasions may cancel Photo voltaic Eclipse enemy spawns.
- Not like a Blood Moon, a Photo voltaic Eclipse solely permits its unique enemies to spawn on the floor, apart from in Corruption, Crimson, and Ocean areas.
- A Photo voltaic Eclipse additionally will increase the spawn price of Truffle Worms, since they’re internally thought-about enemies.
- Just like the Blood Moon, the consequences of Water Candles and Battle Potions stack with the occasion’s spawn price, rising the alternatives for uncommon drops.
- Photo voltaic Pill Fragments, that are used to create the event-summoning Photo voltaic Pill, may be acquired earlier than getting access to the Jungle Temple by defeating the Lihzahrds that spawn exterior the Jungle Temple, who will drop the Photo voltaic Pill Fragments.
- Be aware that crafting the Photo voltaic Pill requires a Hardmode Anvil, however even then, the merchandise has an opportunity to spawn in a Lihzahrd Chest that has been positioned near or in entrance of the door. Nonetheless, the Photo voltaic Pill can’t be used earlier than Hardmode is initiated.
- Fetid Baghnakhs are an excellent weapon in surviving Photo voltaic Eclipses due to the quick velocity and excessive injury.
- The KO Cannon could be very efficient towards the pre-mechanical boss Photo voltaic Eclipse.
- On the 3DS model, a Photo voltaic Eclipse may be escaped by shifting to a Floating Island. The enemies spawning there naturally (Harpies and Wyverns) will nonetheless pose a menace, nevertheless.
- As there are very excessive enemy spawn charges, it’s a good suggestion to make use of a Minishark or Megashark (low injury for extra cash) with Golden Bullets to farm for cash. A Fortunate Coin can maximize the end result.
- As a result of the occasion can occur anyplace on the floor and lasts from daybreak to nightfall, putting banners is essential to keep away from being chain killed in larger issue ranges.
- Each enemy that spawns throughout a Photo voltaic Eclipse (besides the Reaper and Eyezor) share the theme of basic twentieth century horror movies. (See picture on the proper and every enemy’s particular person web page for film references.)
- The kind of Photo voltaic Eclipse displayed is an annular photo voltaic eclipse.
- An annular eclipse happens when the solar and moon are precisely in step with the earth, however the obvious measurement of the moon is smaller than that of the solar. Therefore the solar seems as a really brilliant ring, or annulus, surrounding the darkish disk of the moon.
- In actual life, such eclipses are extraordinarily uncommon, occurring lower than annually and barely the place folks can see it.
- Moreover, actual photo voltaic eclipses solely happen on new moons. In Terraria, the occasion can happen on any section of the moon.
- Actual-life photo voltaic eclipses often solely final for about seven minutes (and about solely 2 minutes of whole eclipse), whereas the one within the sport can final for a whole 15 in-game hours.
- When loading a world with a Photo voltaic Eclipse in progress, the solar that rises and units on the loading display screen can be in its eclipsed state. Leaving a world whereas a photo voltaic eclipse is occurring can have the identical impact.
- Throughout an Eclipse, the moon icon on the Sextant will flip pink, prefer it does with a Blood Moon.
- Initially, one other enemy was deliberate for the Photo voltaic Eclipse, named the Severed Hand, however it was by no means added to the sport, being deemed too onerous to see in an already chaotic occasion.
- Regardless of this, there may be nonetheless an unobtainable Severed Hand Banner.
- The Severed Hand is a reference to Factor, a fictional character in The Addams Household collection.
- Desktop 1.4.1: Mothron and Child Mothron now spawn after Plantera has been defeated after beforehand spawning after defeating all three Mechanical bosses.
- Desktop 18.104.22.168: Cluster Rocket II, Dr. Man Fly set, and Butcher’s set added.
- Desktop 1.3.5: Vampire sprite up to date.
- Desktop 22.214.171.124: Likelihood of a pure Photo voltaic Eclipse occurring decreased to 1/20.
- Desktop 126.96.36.199:
- Can now be summoned manually utilizing a Photo voltaic Pill.
- Added Dr. Man Fly, Mothron, Nailhead, Fritz, The Possessed, Butcher, Lethal Sphere, Creature from the Deep and Psycho together with their banners and drops.
- Modified sprite for Swamp Factor and Vampire.
- Different Occasions will now not block spawns from the Photo voltaic Eclipse.
- Likelihood of a pure Photo voltaic Eclipse occurring elevated to 1/14.
- Desktop 1.2.2: NPCs will now take shelter of their homes throughout a Photo voltaic Eclipse.
- Desktop 188.8.131.52: Now not requires defeating Plantera to occur, solely defeating a Mechanical Boss.
- Desktop 184.108.40.206.1: Now solely happens after defeating Plantera.
- Desktop 220.127.116.11:
- Barely elevated the possibility for a Photo voltaic Eclipse to occur, from 1/30 to 1/25, however they may now solely occur after killing a Mechanical Boss.
- Photo voltaic Eclipses are now not persistent between worlds.
- Desktop 1.2: Launched.
- Console 1.02: Launched.
- Change 1.0.711.6: Launched.
- Cell 1.2.6508: Launched.
- 3DS-Launch: Launched.