The spanglers.info missing error message you get on Windows 10 can be caused by several reasons. And it probably prevents you from logging in to the computer.
You are watching: what is mfc100 dll
The full error message reads: The program can’t start because spanglers.info is missing from your computer.
In order to fix this problem, you will most likely need to enter Safe Mode on Windows 10 and continue the troubleshooting process from there.
However, there are cases when you are able to boot normally. But the issue still needs to be addressed.
One of the possible reasons for which you can get the error message regarding the spanglers.info file is that maybe your computer is infected with a virus or malware.
You might have a hardware failure, your Windows 10 registry might be corrupted or perhaps you deleted it by mistake.
We have several options that you can try to get your spanglers.info file back and get your system to work properly. So, in order to fix this problem, follow the instructions listed below.
How can I fix spanglers.info missing on Windows 10?
- Use a dedicated troubleshooter
- Download Microsoft Visual C++ Service Redistributable Package
- Check your Recycle Bin
- Scan your system for malware
- Use System Restore
- Reinstall problematic programs
- Repair your Registry
1. Use a dedicated troubleshooter
Oftentimes, DLL errors can be hard to troubleshoot especially for non tech-savvy users. And it takes a great deal of time and effort to try and test all methods found online.
2. Download the Microsoft Visual C++ Service Redistributable package
We need to go and download Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Service Pack 1 Redistributable Package MFC Security Update and install it.
Make sure to choose the correct version to install depending on the operating system you have. This program will try to replace or repair the spanglers.info file in the system.
3. Check your Recycle Bin
- If you deleted the spanglers.info file by mistake then go to Recycle Bin on the desktop.
- Restore the spanglers.info file you deleted.
Want to be prepared to fix any DLL error in Windows 10? Check out this guide!
4. Scan your system for malware
- Open the antivirus you have on your operating system.
- Run a full system scan.
- Wait for the process to finish and restart your device.
It is possible that a virus or malware might have damaged your DLL files.
Hopefully, a deep scan will clarify this situation, eliminate the intruder and restore your device’s health.
To prevent such unhappy events in the future, use just the most reliable antivirus solutions, which are also updated frequently with the latest virus signature or zero-day exploit attempts.
5. Use System Restore
- Go to Start and type recovery.
- Double-click on the first result to open the Recovery settings page.
- Select Reset and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the process.
If you’re still using Windows 8.1, here’s how to use System Restore:
- Move the mouse cursor to the right side of the screen.
- After the Charms bar opens up type in the search box Recovery
- Click on the Settings bar on the right side of the screen.
- Click on the Recovery icon.
- From the window that pops up click on Open System Restore.
- Choose the Recommended restore you have on the screen by clicking on it.
- Click on Next.
- Click on Finish.
- Wait for the system restore to finish.
System Restore is a great option to go back to a previous version of your system. This way, any files that you might have deleted or misplaced will be restored to a previous working state.
6. Reinstall problematic programs
- Reboot the computer.
- Uninstall the program you think caused the issue.
- Install the program again.
- Reboot the computer.
The error with spanglers.info file might occur when you install a program.
This means that the install process failed and the respective programs haven’t been properly installed on your machine.
7. Repair your Registry
You can also fix .dll issues by repairing your Registry. Fortunately, there are many tools that you can use to quickly fix it.
For more information, check out this list of the best Registry cleaners for your on your Windows computer.
All in all, we hope the solutions posted above will solve your issue with the spanglers.info file on Windows 10.
We’d like to hear what worked for you so we know how to tackle these tutorials in the future. Tell us in the comments.