This web page is in regards to the actor. For the character from the “Liam’s Quest” particular episodes, see Sam Riegel (character).
Sam Riegel is a member of the principle forged of Essential Function. He performed Scanlan Shorthalt and Taryon Darrington within the first marketing campaign, and Veth Brenatto within the second marketing campaign. He has additionally been the Dungeon Grasp for a number of particular episodes.
You are watching: who is sam riegel married to
Earlier than Essential Function started, Sam and his finest buddy Liam O’Brien created a podcast known as allworknoplay, with the aim of attempting to get extra enjoyable into their busy schedules. They deliberate to play Dungeons & Dragons with some associates for Liam’s birthday and talk about it on the podcast. In the direction of the tip of All Work No Play’s second episode, the 2 of them talked about preparing for the upcoming “one-time” D&D recreation. Sam requested Liam what was the worst character to play as, and Liam urged a gnome. Sam talked about being a bard within the podcast, which might go well with him resulting from his background in music each from faculty and his assist in writing present concepts for The Voice.
Sam recorded a couple of quick clips of the pre-stream Essential Function recreation. These clips might be discovered on his vine web page.
On the Present
As Scanlan the bard, he was recognized for improvising songs on the fly. Examples embody: “I believe you are actually good-looking and good! You are going to have inspiration cube!” He typically pulled songs from popular culture and modified their lyrics, as in, “Here is slightly track I wrote! It is full of inspiration, notice for notice. Do not fuck up. Or I will kill you.”
Sam turned the primary participant within the Essential Function canon to introduce a second participant character when Scanlan Shorthalt left Vox Machina, to get replaced by Taryon Darrington in “A Bard’s Lament” (1×85). He would later reprise his position as Scanlan in “Masquerade” (1×99), leaving Tary behind in “Thar Amphala” (1×101).
Early on, it turned Sam’s job to learn sponsorship bulletins at the start of episodes, and he shortly turned inventive with them, arising with dozens of bits. He typically sings jingles, attire up in costumes, or performs unusual feats to entertain the viewers, with the precise sponsorship typically merely thrown into them. He typically enlists different forged members to take part. A few of these bits are recurring and even have their very own lore, just like the Nord VPN advertisements, which spawned The Nordverse.
One in every of Sam’s most iconic bits was his marketing campaign to be elected as President of D&D Past, which turned a recurring occasion over a number of episodes. In the course of the sponsorship part, he gave marketing campaign speeches and invited viewers to vote for him on election day. Ultimately, Sam misplaced the election of 69th President of D&D Past to his marketing campaign rival, Liam O’Brien. Nevertheless, in a twist ending, he accepted Liam’s “proposal” to change into the the primary ever co-presidents of D&D Past. They had been then advised that there isn’t a such factor as President of D&D Past. A fan-made compilation of the race might be discovered right here.
Mug and Flask Gag Sam’s most iconic working gag is his gigantic drinkware. Throughout Marketing campaign One, he drank from a large tankard, and taped stickers, photos and textual content to the underside that might be seen whereas he tipped it again to drink. Equally, he acquired a number of large flasks from followers throughout Marketing campaign Two, in reference to the Flask of Perpetual Booze, and likewise taped jokes to it. He even taped objects to it, like a spinning wheel and a basketball hoop. Critrole Stats has compiled a gallery of Sam’s mug and flask for each episode. Sam has said that he by no means washed his mug or his flask and that ingesting from them tastes type of bizarre.
Shirt Gag In the course of the second marketing campaign, Sam has worn each shirt he wore in Marketing campaign One in the identical order, with a couple of exceptions. Critrole Stats has compiled a gallery of all of Sam’s shirts. He lastly accomplished the bit throughout “Devoutness and Dicks” (2×107), when he wore the shirt from the marketing campaign one finale. Sam started sporting shirts with embarassing previous photos of the opposite major crew members shortly afterwards.
→ See additionally: Sam’s IMDb profile Sam appeared within the musical Les Misérables as Gavroche when he was a toddler. He started doing voice appearing in 2001, and is finest know for his roles as Donatello within the 2003 Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles animated sequence and as Phoenix Wright within the Ace Lawyer online game sequence.
Sam is a prolific a voice director and has labored on a number of sequence, similar to Fallout New Vegas, Elena of Avalor and Ducktales. In 2018, he acquired the Daytime Emmy Award for Excellent Directing in an Animated Program for his work on Hazard & Eggs. He’s additionally a author and musician.
Sam is married to Quyen Tran, an independant filmmaker. They’ve two kids.
On September 11, 2001, Sam and his spouse Quyen witnessed the assaults on the World Commerce Heart. They lived in an residence close by.
Sam’s Participant Characters
See additionally: Participant characters performed by Sam Riegel
- Scanlan Shorthalt, gnome bard (Marketing campaign One: Vox Machina]])
- Taryon Darrington, human artificer (Marketing campaign One: Vox Machina]])
- Veth Brenatto, halfing rogue (previously Nott the Courageous, goblin rogue)(Marketing campaign Two: The Mighty Nein]])
One-Photographs and Miniseries
- Sam Riegel (character), human ranger (“Liam’s Quest!” (Sx12) and “Liam’s Quest: Full Circle” (Sx16))
- Obby “the Rat”, dwarf rogue (“The Screw Job” (Sx15))
- Ur-Eden Goodthink, troll monk (“Shadow of Struggle One-Shot: Half 1” (Sx22) and “Half 2” (Sx23))
- Sam Riegel (vampire), vampire (“Thursday by Night time: Half 1” (Sx24) and “Half 2” (Sx25))
- Peddy Tuxpin, bear (“Trinket’s Honey Heist” (Sx27))
- Benicio Lorelei, human blood hunter (“Liam’s One Shot: The Track of the Lorelei” (Sx36))
- Claire, human wizard (“Essential Function and the Membership of Misfits” (Sx38))
- Bundlestein Sprucenberg, Christmas elf fighter (“The Night time Earlier than Critmas” (Sx41))
- The Archvile (Ichibod), archville (“Doom Everlasting One-Shot” (Sx52))
- Slaughter Grimm, argonian necromancer (“The Elder Scrolls On-line: Blackwood – Half One: Dying & Taxes” (Sx55) and “The Elder Scrolls On-line: Blackwood – Half Two: A Defective Basis” (Sx58))
Episodes DMed by Sam
- “Essential Function: Bar Room Blitz” (Sx21)
- “Essential Function One-Shot: As soon as Upon a Fairytale Cruise” (Sx28)
- “Crash Pandas: Too Trashed, Too Curious” (Sx37)
- “Particular 48” (Sx48) (eliminated)
- Sam is a recognized wine snob, which the forged typically tease him about.
- Each week, Sam retells the occasions of Essential Function as a bedtime story for his kids.
- Sam Riegel created “The Meta Gaming Pigeon” idea in “Midnight Espionage” (2×12)
- Sam’s chosen drink for his Between the Sheets interview was a sidecar.
- Each Halloween, the forged of Essential Function attire up in costume for one episode. Sam has dressed up as Burt Reynolds (2015), Hotis (2016), Pac-Man (2017), a bottle of ketchup (2018), Phoenix Wright (2019) and Kiri (2020).
- On Talks Machina, the host Brian Wayne Foster appreciated to “#ThankMyGuests” with names which can be both mispronounced or wordplay that sounds near their names. Listed here are the names for Sam Riegel:
- Sam Rie-Gel
- Sam Seagull
- Spam Peehole
- Jean Claude Van Sam Fecal
- Slam Creedskull
- Sham Beagle
- Stan Smeagol
- A Tad Evil
- Uncle Sam’s Eagle
- Scram Individuals
- Scammin’ Inexperienced Lady
- Scamming Is not Authorized
- Taking part in Small Individuals
- Flask Refill
- Good Goblin is Nott Evil
- Boomstick Non-Deadly
- Essential Function’s Sam Riegel: From noob to gnome hero (September 17, 2015)
- Essential Function’s Sam Riegel: The place you’ve got heard him earlier than (February 10, 2016)
- Sam’s Reddit AMA (July 12, 2017)
- Between the Sheets: Sam Riegel (October 17, 2018)
Essential Function CastMain CastCurrentFormerGuest StarsCampaign 1Campaign 2Pre-StreamOne-shots and MiniseriesGuest Stars